Are you planning on making a homemade Medusa costume? Find all the info you need from ideas of various styles of Medusa Costumes and amazing Medusa Makeup ideas with video tutorials, to loads of accessories that you can gather up to help put your homemade Medusa costume together. With a little imagination and some fun ideas you’ll be able to throw together one awesome homemade Medusa costume.
- 1 Check the Links Below to Find What You Need For Your Homemade Medusa Costume
- 2 Medusa Costume Facts
- 3 Homemade Medusa Costume Items Needed
- 4 How to Make A Homemade Medusa Costume
- 5 Homemade Medusa Costume Sewing Patterns
- 6 Now For Shoes – Medusa Style or Not!
- 7 The Medusa Headpiece for your Homemade Medusa Costume
- 8 Medusa Costume Wigs
- 9 Medusa Headpiece
- 10 More Medusa Headpieces
- 11 Amazing Medusa Makeup Tutorial Ideas!
- 12 Medusa Inspired Make-up
- 13 Medusa Makeup Tutorial
- 14 Medusa Halloween Costume Accessories
Check the Links Below to Find What You Need For Your Homemade Medusa Costume
- Medusa Costume Facts
- Homemade Medusa Costume Items Needed
- How To Make A Homemade Medusa Costume
- Homemade Medusa Costume Sewing Patterns
- Now For Shoes – Medusa Style or Not!
- The Medusa Headpiece for your Homemade Medusa Costume
- Medusa Headpiece
- Amazing Medusa Makeup Tutorial Ideas!
- Medusa Halloween Costume Accessories
This mythological creature is ideal for practically any women who’s keen on dressing up using a Greek theme for Halloween. Medusa’s story arises from Greek mythology. She was a Gorgon and is actually known to be a snake headed creature that turns anyone who looks at her into stone. She was eventually transformed into a hideous monster that had a head filled with snakes and of course with this she claimed the power to turn others into stone if they gazed upon her. Of all the many women’s costume ideas, the Medusa costume is a really well-liked,and not that difficult to find at fairly reasonable price. But if you are after something more original or unique you can put a homemade Medusa costume together fairly inexpensively. In case you are trying to find a Medusa Halloween costume, you shouldn’t have too hard of a time finding one in most any costume store, or possibly you are able to make it yourself using some basic craft supplies.
Medusa Costume Facts
If you’d like to know everything there is to know about Medusa costumes that you can create or buy, then be sure to read the few facts below:
- Medusa costumes are extremely easy to locate at costume stores and online not to mention being easy and inexpensive to create yourself.
- In fact it’s often more gratifying and fun to make your own special costume instead of wearing a pre-made costume from a store.
- The Medusa costume along with it’s head of snakes is basically a fun Halloween costume to wear to parties and Halloween events.
- If you would like to co-ordinate your costume with another, you could go as Medusa, when your friend or friends goes as Zeus,Athena,Venus or Aphrodite.
- If you are after couples costume or a group costume then choosing the Greek costumes is a perfect idea.
- The Medusa costume is acceptable for various types occasions, including one events with families with children as well as parties or work functions.
- If you choose to transform yourself into Medusa as a Halloween costume, you will find that the costume is comfortable enough to wear for walking, dancing, walking, and as well going to Halloween parties that might last for several hours.
Homemade Medusa Costume Items Needed
Here are a few ideas of the things you are going to need for making your homemade Medusa costume:
You will have to gather up these items:
- A tunic style dress in in your preferred color
- Flat sandals or heeled shoes (definitely shoes that will match your unique homemade Medusa costume
- Rubber snakes
- Rubber bands
- Gold braided rope or cording
How to Make A Homemade Medusa Costume
If you are wanting to save a little money you can always make a homemade Medusa costume for Halloween by following these simple DIY instructions.
To start off, browse through some of the premade Medusa costumes and find one that you fancy. Then all you need to do is try and replicate it. It might all seem a little overwhelming at first if you have never attempted something like this before. But it really is quite simple as long as you have the right accessories and a rough idea of what you are after.
Break it all down:
- Tunic or dress
- Medusa Headpiece
- Medusa Accessories
First of all you need to choose a tunic dress that has really simple lines and styling. The best thing is to choose a neutral color like cream, ivory or white but if you want to be a little different you can always pick another color of your liking.
- Homemade Medusa Costume Tip:
Hunt through your closet and attic for a tunic style dress. If you can’t find anything at home then go to your nearest thrift store and see if what you can come up with so that you can save a little money.
Homemade Medusa Costume Sewing Patterns
If for some reason you didn’t have any luck find a tunic dress tucked away in your closet or after digging through endless racks at your local thrift store, you might want to try sewing your own tunic dress. Here are a few patterns I found. They actually are pretty simple to follow as long as you read the directions.
Next, you’ll want to wrap a gold cording or perhaps a braided rope around your waist, tying it in any fashion you really like. For a traditional Medusa Greek style, tie the braided rope or cord around your tunic or dress by going below your bust, by criss-crossing it in a “X” across your stomach, and around your waist.
- Homemade Medusa Costume Tip: If you are wondering where to find a gold braided rope – go to curtain store or check the drapery section at your local fabric store.
Now For Shoes – Medusa Style or Not!
Your shoes can easily be any form of flat shoes you wish to have, but if you are looking for the traditional footwear worn by women in Greek mythology you should lean on the side of wearing sandals or strappy shoes.
The Medusa Headpiece for your Homemade Medusa Costume
This has got to be the most important part of your costume. It’s what makes Medusa recognizable.
Start off with:
- small rubber snakes
- small rubber bands
- a costume wig or your own hair
Step 1 for Medusa Headpiece
- Section your own hair or wig into several braids and braid the small snakes into the braids
- Visual is everything so make sure to spread your snakes out pitting the majority onto where people will see them.
- You then secure the rubber snakes to your hair or wig by wrapping the snakes around braids of your hair with clear rubber bands.
- Finally for a little contrast add a gold tiara to your homemade Medusa costume.
Medusa Costume Wigs
It’s clearly not a Medusa costume without having a head covered with snakes. That will make it the most essential piece of your Medusa Halloween costume, so now here are a few ideas for you, whether you choose to keep your own Medusa hair or go out and purchase a costume wig that already comes with the snakes attached.If you choose to make your own Medusa snake wig be sure to look at the makeup video below to see how it is done there. They just simply take the rubber snakes join them together an elastic band and let them fall which ever way they happen to. It really looks great…but make sure you take a look at some of the other amazing makeup ideas for your Medusa costume as well.
More Medusa Headpieces
Amazing Medusa Makeup Tutorial Ideas!
This look is done by using a white makeup base, a green skin makeup, black liquid eyeliner and as well as a wide variety of eye shadow shades. I really like the green and yellow together, plus the detail in this video tutorial is really quite amazing.
Additionally,the snake wig is very unique. Practice this look prior to the actual day that you intend on wearing your homemade Medusa costume. It really isn’t necessary for you to follow this makeup idea exactly,however it will really help to give you some fantastic ideas for your own homemade Medusa costume look.
Medusa Inspired Make-up
Medusa Makeup Tutorial
Medusa Halloween Costume Accessories
Earrings and Bracelet
Snake Ring and Snake Pendant To Compliment Your Homemade Medusa Costume
Armlet Bracelet – A Must Have For Your Homemade Medusa Costume
Not enough time to put together a homemade Medusa Costume Then You might be interested in some of my other Medusa Costume Pages.
There’s Only HOW Many Days Left Until Halloween?
Our Countdown To Halloween Clock Says….
Just type in the Search Box and you’ll get loads of ideas for costumes or decorations!
What can we Help You Find?